Saturday, September 15, 2012

(8/16/12) Trekkin' the Alps


Well, the scary gondola ride was completely worth it. My experience of hiking in the Alps is one of my favorite experiences in Europe so far. After a good night’s rest, we all woke up the next day, ready to hike! Okay, that’s a lie. I didn’t want to get up, and even skipped out on the free breakfast in order to catch a few more Z’s in the morning. But I was really excited about hiking, and rightfully so. 

My roommates and I (plus two other girls) embarked on the hike apart from the rest of the group. I like that we were given the freedom to do whatever we wanted with the hike, allowing for us to explore wherever we wanted. The six of us wandered deep into the Alps, picking flowers and listening to music together as we explored. Although there is a lot of really amazing hiking in America, and especially in California, hiking the Alps was a very unique experience. Everything was so green and vibrant! The views were incredible. There is absolutely no way to convey the experience verbally, so I’m just going to post a bunch of pictures now. I have a cape, bye!






No comments:

Post a Comment